Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quick Disney Vacation!!

Yes, we DID end up going to Disney for a whole week! It was definitely adventurous to say the least, and filled with lots of memories! It took us 2 days to get on the road after packing absolutely everything that would be necessary for a week with 2 kids under 5! We were up at 4am Saturday morning to get the car loaded up and on the road, but we didn't really leave until 11:30am. Then we realized we had a nail in the tire, so we had to get that changed before a 3 hour trip to Orlando! We finally arrived in Orlando around 5:30 and checked into the Contemporary Resort =) I loved our room and the modernistic nature of it! I hadn't stayed there since I was very little! Our first night, we went out to dinner with Stephanie's cousins and their little one who could pass as my daughter.

Sunday was filled with getting up and ready and heading to the Magic Kingdom to play in the parks! We got there, bought our tickets, went on 2 rides in Fantasyland, and then it poured! After spending about $70 on ponchos (which we forgot at home!) we headed back to our resort..... after we loaded 2 boats because the monorails were down from the storm. We relaxed inside that night and ordered dinner in as the little boy I nanny for was dealing with a cold =(

Monday we headed to Downtown Disney and had Ivy all dolled up at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique (my future role as a Disney Cast Member!) She looked adorable when she was finished! We were at DTD for about 4-5 hours and headed back to the resort once it started getting gloomy outside. After a short nap, we all got up and headed downstairs for dinner at Chef Mickey's! I hadn't been to THAT since I was like 12! It was magical to see it from a kids perspective this time around and I got it all on camera =)

Tuesday morning Ivy lost her first front tooth while trying to lay down on me! She was so excited! Then we realized we were all getting sick with something, me moreso after Liam than anyone else... so we took a trip down 535 to a walk in clinic where I was put on a breathing treatment right away (due to my asthma). I was put on a Zpack and Prednisone and "diagnosed" with acute bronchitis--YAY! After them squeezing me in, we went to Walgreens to get my prescription filled and suddenly, BAM!!! We were right in front of Vista Way, one of the 3 Disney Apartment Complexes I might live in =) After getting the prescription filled, we headed back to the hotel, and napped till about 5pm. Got up, went to Ihop for dinner, did some shopping at one of those tourist stores, and then swung by the clinic again to get Liam on medicine!

Wednesday we thought we were going to go home because nothing seemed to have been going right, but the night prior to it I had told Stephanie that we were all going to be sick and feeling this same way whether we were at Disney, or on our way home! So, we woke up early, got ready, and headed out to the Magic Kingdom to play in the park! On Monday, I had met a girl in the CP at the BBB for Merchandise... she was a total sweetheart, and we exchanged numbers and FB's. She joined us Wednesday which was great cause she gave us all the 411 on the Princess Locations. As soon as we got to MK, Ivy got to meet Snow White! She had never been able to meet her in all the visits she's made to Disney, so I was SO ecstatic for her to meet her favorite princess! We were able to catch the 3pm parade down Mainstreet, and hit up a whole bunch of rides all day! We stayed at the park until 10:30, Ivy got to ride Space Mountain for the first time.... I sat in front of her and hearing her laugh the whole time was CLASSIC! In the middle of the Wishes fireworks show, we started to head home because it was literally body to body and we knew that as soon as the fireworks ended, everyone had the same plan: EXIT. So we headed to the resort, and I took Kathryn home to Chatham Square (another 1 of 3 Disney Apartment Complexes), which is the complex I am hoping for with my 3 roomies!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday morning, Ivy lost her OTHER front tooth!!!! Then we decided to get ourselves up and out early and go to MGM (Hollywood Studios) for a few hours and then come back to the hotel to rest because at 9:20pm, Stephanie (the kid's mom) and I had dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table!!! We got to the theme park, I took Ivy on the Tower Of Terror, which was hilarious! She thought the ride was going to "go fast"... like foreward... and wasn't expecting it to go down... ya know, like an elevator... lol So, she gripped my arm and then shook violently when we dropped. Our picture says it all, but I will have to scan it! Then we headed back to Toy Story's Pizza Planet for lunch where we sat with a whole bunch of South American Tourist groups which was oh so wonderful! After that, we got on Toy Story Mania which I had never rode before! I scored 134,300 points---ooooh oooh!!! Then we took a bus to Epcot, and the Monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and then realized we got on the wrong Monorail which took us to MK, then got on the right Monorail to take us back to the Contemporary. We all took a nap, except I couldn't sleep because I was SO excited for dinner at the Castle without the kids! Kathryn agreed to babysit the kids for us which was soooooo sweet of her, otherwise we would have had to keep our reservation for 4 people, which we didn't really wanna do because the kids have attention spans of appetizers and then its the attitudes of desert! So, once Kathryn got there, we headed to dinner! Got to walk down Mainstreet while everyone was crowding the sidewalks for the Electrical Parade--- I felt like I should have been on a Princess Float hahaha! Dinner was incredible! I acted like I was 21 going on 5 mixed with a bit of tourist! I snapped so many pictures and was in such shock of everything... the last time I remember being in there, ALL I remember was having a Pluto dog that had a leash you could put over your arm, and have the characters sign it! I was liiiiiiiiiiittle!!!! To say the least, I was spoiled that night, and I soaked in every single minute of it! We were the last ones in the restaurant which was fun actually because our waitress was amazing, and another waiter came up and handed up a scrapbook filled with pictures of the Royal Suite inside the castle. The pictures took my breath away! It was amazing! After taking some pictures in the restaurant and the castle, we headed down Mainstreet, which was slowly emptying with guests. We ended up being the last ones, because of course we stopped to shop before we left! Then the Monorails were down for maintenance so we had to jump on a bus to our hotel! And then once we got back, I drove Kathryn back to her apartment!

Friday, we aaaaaaaaaaaaaall "slept in".... I was SO sick I couldn't move all day. I guess you get worse before you get better. I literally didn't get out of bed all day unless I had to go to the bathroom! I was miserable! Bronchitis + Asthma = no fun!!! So that's what we did with our Friday, recouped!

Saturday (this morning) we all got up, packed, got ready, had breakfast at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort, and then headed home!

It was an amaaaaaaaazing week... the kids had a fantastic time, and I am so glad that I got to be part of it with them and their mom! I am literally at a loss for words about this vacation! I feel like we did so much, but we didn't really, but man those good times, were phenomenal!!!! We did what we could with our sudden spurt of bronchitis, and still had the time of our lives!!!! And in 25 days, I will be able to call DISNEY "HOME" =) Here are just a few pictures... enjoy!

Liam monster and I



I AM NOW IN THE HANDS OF THE MOST CREATIVE MAN ON THE PLANET.

Teacups!











LOST BOTH FRONT TEETH WHILE AT DISNEY!

Heading to dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table!




No comments:

Post a Comment