Saturday, August 27, 2011

Time Flies!!!!

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't become that blogger who disappears onces she starts working for Disney, but inevitable I fell into that pattern! Let's see, I left off at Traditions...

Saturday August 13th, the day following my Traditions, was my first day of "work" except it was more of an orientation =) Since my heels and soles of my feet got wonderful blisters from my Mary Janes for the boutique, I decided to wear HIGH HEELS for this orientation. I had no idea that we would be taking a 2 hour tour of the ENTIRE Downtown Disney area!!!! It was probably the dumbest decision I've ever made in my life! I had never given myself such motivation EVER. Before we crossed the street from Planet Hollywood and back to the Cast Services building, I decided to take the heels off and barefoot-it back. Yet another mistake. Pavement plus heat= RAW feet. I wanted to chop them off-- I added on another 4 blisters. Totaling to 10 total within 2 days! Anyways, orientation was good, it was 4 hours long full of all the Downtown Disney information we needed to know.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I had training every day from 8:30am-5pm with the lovely Ruby. This is called "Earning My Ears." The first day was mostly small tours of where things are behind the scenes at the boutique, aka the breakroom, stock/inventory, etc etc. The coolest part was being taken upstairs into the World Of Disney stock room and walking over the store, where as a guest I thought was not accessible. It was amazing! The same day of all the touring, I also had a 4 hour e-learning assessment on safety and other fun Disney stuff on how to speak to guests and staying in character, and also how to work our website called THE HUB (which is still confusing to me lol). The second and third day was HAIR HAIR HAIR!! On mannequins of course, but it was VERY difficult because the mannequins are old and have more knots than Rapunzel!!! On my last day of training, I was in the boutique working on my first few princesses! It was nerve wrecking, but my trainer was by my side to help me when I needed it. I also learned "podium" which is where our princesses check in, tell us the package they want, and we give them their royal invitation and possibly a pager depending on how busy we are. Since training, I have heard a max of 153 reservations, which is AMAZING! Before starting the program, alot of the FGITs (Fairy Godmothers in Training) were complaining about having reservations in the 40s! So, I'm glad the count is up!

The days I had training, I was home early enough to get to the parks so my roomates and I parked it up everyday. Then I had that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off which was so completely wonderful. Of course I went to the parks, but I also ran to get some errands done, as well as go check out Cast Connections which is a building (for Disney cast only) in an "undisclosed location" where you can purchase some food stuff in their small grocery store... things like a massive bag of pasta for $1 and water for $0.64--- its crazy! Then there was merchandise and old kitchen stuff/things from the resorts/uniforms/clothes all there for you to purchase for REAL cheap! It's pretty cool.

I've had 44+ hours every week and the best princesses ever! The stories that I have would take too long to try and divulge, so I'll keep the ones I've already experienced close to me, and write about more later on =) This morning though, I had a little Princess named Brooklyn who was on vacation with only her mom and grandma and she was such a sparkler that we put her in the window, which is where one special princess gets to go in front of the store, viewable to everyone walking outside (and I was her FGIT!) She was such a ball of cuteness and laughter that it made her momma cry, which made me cry... and seeing her complete transformation, we were all in tears again! It's such a magical place to be at... I am home. This is where I've needed to be all along!

Work since training has been amazing. Any days I work 8-5 I am at the parks later that night, but a shift that is 10-8 I normally don't go because the parks close at 9pm. So I normally just make dinner, shower, and crash cause it's about 11 by then! And any days off I have, I'm park hopping =) I love it!

Stay tuned for more frequent updates.... I promise that now since I have all the training parts done, I can atleast keep up with blogging once a week (but I'll try for more!)

Always with love,
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment