Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Disney Collegiate Course & Countdown!


That's right... June 1st marked 70 days left until I move to Orlando and begin my long anticipated career with the Walt Disney World Company! June 1st also marks 11 days until my little man Jayden's birthday, 29 days until my little brother (by heart) Liam's birthday, 50 days until I see my second family in Texas, 57 days until my mommy's birthday, anaaaandddd then of course 70 days until CHECK IN!!! =)

Today I registered for my Disney Collegiate Course, which, YES counts towards my degree at the college I attend! I am registered for Advanced Studies In Hospitality Management! It cost my $10, will run from September through December, and will be about 3-4 hours long once a week! Some positives about their college courses (aside from the fact that you get to network yourself and have the experience on your resume), but (some) of the courses that you take can actually apply as credit towards your degree, like me! I'm earning 3 credits for the class I've registered for. PLUS, the actual Disney College Program counts for 6 credits, and then I am taking one additional class outside of Disney which also counts for 3 credits. This means (drumroll....) I AM A FULL TIME STUDENT WITH TECHNICALLY ONLY 2 COURSES! What a MAGICAL deal!!!! Another nifty thing about it is that if there is a peak week in the parks, class is cancelled and you are scheduled to work... I think that's pretty cool. When registering, they also ask if you will be taking any outside courses either online or at a campus, but they ask you nothing further. In addition to this, if you are taking another outside course, you MUST BRING PROOF! This means, payment receipt, schedule, and maybe a few more things.

Anyyyyyways, in addition to all of that lovely news, I have taken up nannying for a family friend. She's helped raise my sister and I, so I am now returning the favor with her and her 5 and 2 year old. I am literally living in their home during the week to help with the kiddos, I go to work the days I'm scheduled at Sweet & Sassy, and on the weekends I go home. It's hard to go from 21 with no kids to 2 overnight lol but hey, I've always been the kind of girl to help where it's needed-- especially if someone can make a commitment that they need my help as well. So here's a funny sidenote.... I'm sleeping in the 5 year olds room. EVERYTHING is Disney Princesses. Her bedboard says "Once upon a time there was a princess", there is a huge castle decal on her wall, princesses everywhere, and tons of pixie dust in little jars! It's SO cute and I feel at home. I even used some of her Cinderella costume pieces to dress myself up one day while she was at school...shhh! =)

To say the least, I am still counting down the days. Thank goodness for being a nanny and working; they're making everything fly by!


No comments:

Post a Comment